The Minnesota Society for Clinical Social Work is a group of professionals who together advance the practice of clinical social work through professional development, endorsing ethical practice standards and through legislative and community advocacy on behalf of our clients.
Our goals are to
- Provide networking opportunities for members.
- Represent your professional interests to various parties.
- Provide legislative updates.
- Distribute a society newsletter.
- Host professional education workshops.
- Disseminate research and educate professional social workers in best practices.
- Uphold and promote ethical and responsible standards in social work.
- Advocate optimum mental health services and ethical practice for all stakeholders (constituents, citizens) through legislative endeavors.
- Collaborate with educational and public organizations to promote clinical social work practice.
We are committed to
- The dignity, well-being and self-determination of the individual.
- Professional practice characterized by competence and integrity.
- A society, which offers opportunities to all members in a just and non-discriminatory manner.